Frequently Asked Questions
How are attorneys’ fees handled?
For personal injury clients, we work strictly on a contingency fee basis.  This means we get paid only if we recover money on your behalf.  Our fee ranges between 33 1/3 % to 40% of the amount we recover for you, depending upon the complexity of the issues in the case.  In the event we are unable to make a recovery in the case, you will owe us nothing for our time spent on the case.

Am I required to pay the expenses of litigation?
Golkow Hessel, LLC will advance all expenses of the litigation required to effectively handle your case.  This includes costs of experts, court costs, and other necessary expenses.  In the event we are unable to make a recovery in the case, you will not be required to reimburse us.

Does Golkow Hessel, LLC offer an initial meeting with a lawyer without a charge?
Yes.  One of our attorneys will personally meet with you at our office, your home, or wherever else is convenient for you to discuss your case.  Regardless of whether you hire us, or whether we elect to take your case, there will be no charge to you for our initial meeting.  If you have any doubt about your case, we strongly encourage you to call us for legal advice.  No case is too big or small.  We have made numerous recoveries on behalf of clients who had been told by other lawyers that they had no case.  For example, we recovered $1.25 million for a client who had been turned down by two other law firms.

How Long Does It Take To Reach the End of A Case?
It depends largely upon the state and/or county where the lawsuit is filed.  As a general rule, it can take anywhere from one to two years to reach the end of case, although it sometimes takes longer.  Settlement can occur at any time, and it will always be your decision as to whether to accept a settlement offer.

I Have Motor Vehicle Insurance With “Limited Tort” or “Verbal Threshold” – What Does that Mean?
It means that you can only recover damages for “pain and suffering” and other types of “non-economic” damages if your injury is serious enough to “pierce the threshold.”  This varies greatly from case to case.  If you have “Limited Tort” or “Verbal Threshold” insurance, you should NOT be discouraged from contacting a lawyer to determine your legal rights.

What Types of Damages Can I Recover?
In most states, you are entitled to recover damages for the pain and suffering that you endured, and will endure for the rest of your life, as a result of the accident. In addition, you are often entitled to recover the wages that you have lost, and the wages that you may lose over your work-life expectancy. We can work with top experts to calculate the financial losses you may sustain as a result of your injuries.

I Was Injured While At Work – Can I Still File A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Absolutely. Although you generally cannot sue your own employer, all states allow you to file suit against other parties that may have caused, or contributed to, your accident. For example, if you are injured while using a product, you may have a claim against the manufacturer of the product for a defective design or a lack of warning. If you are injured at a construction site, you may have a claim against another contractor on the job site. Golkow Hessel, LLC specializes in handling workplace-accident cases, and you are encouraged to contact us for a free consultation so you can determine your legal rights. The majority of our personal injury clients were injured while at work.

Join Our Mailing List
For Email Marketing you can trust
© 2008 Golkow Hessel, LLC | All Rights Reserved